Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Editing Replies loses parent

• maf2874
    Participant

@maf2874

hi – using wp 3.3.1 BBP – 2.0.2 i’m running into problems when editing replies. when i save it loses it’s parent association as the content of the TOPIC pulldown field usually says (no topic) –

enter image description here

we have many many topics but they dont default when in the edit screen.
    is this a BBPress bug and/or has this been fixed in the newer releases?

(i believe we lose the original author reference also.)

thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

Apology if I am spoiling your thread, but I do have a question about bbpress post parent, maybe our question is related to the same answer, so, let me go on… In WP, if we want to find a post parent, we do
    $post=get_post($id)
    $parent_id= $post->post_parent
    In bbpress, there is a fundtion to do the job

function bbp_get_reply_topic_id( $reply_id = 0 ) {

// Assume there is no topic id
        $topic_id = 0;

// Check that reply_id is valid
        if ( $reply_id = bbp_get_reply_id( $reply_id ) )

// Get topic_id from reply
            if ( $topic_id = get_post_meta( $reply_id, '_bbp_topic_id', true ) )

// Validate the topic_id
                $topic_id = bbp_get_topic_id( $topic_id );

return apply_filters( 'bbp_get_reply_topic_id', (int) $topic_id, $reply_id );
    }
     My question is-- why bbpress does not use WP's post\_parent, instead, it saves parent\_id in child's meta, make no use of native WP post table? The parent may got lost somewhere in the middle of the additional out of system steps.

maf2874
    Participant

@maf2874

My fix:
    In plugins/bbpress/bbp-admin/bbp-metaboxes.php function bbp_reply_metabox at the //topics section I increased the value in ‘numberposts’ => ’5000′

The default limit of 250 was too low for my site.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I have the same problem. I tried 5000 but that didn’t work, probably because I have 380k topics, so I tried 300k, that froze my site completely out of memory error.

I wonder how we would ever solve this problem for medium sized sites. I can’t imagine having to load a half million rows to reassign a reply to a topic, that’s insane.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar