Categories
Search
Bottom

Editing Forum Name in Hidden Forums

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Using .4 version.

After I edited the forum name of a hidden forum, there were two [H] [H] before the name instead of one. I checked the php, there was not a repetition of any number. I also uploaded the php again. Still two [H]’s. How do I get rid of the second [H] besides deleting the forum and adding a new one?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Which version of bbPress and what theme are you using?

It’s possible this is a bug introduced in the newest plugin release. Don’t delete the forum, it won’t solve anything.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I using .9.0.2

My theme is kakumei-blue with a few modifications like adding a background-image url, and some colour changes to text and posting box. I didn’t want to play with anything else until all the hidden forums were up and running. This discussion forum is all hidden forums.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

update below

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Only one of the hidden forums had the double [H], the one that I edited the name, the others were single.

I made the change you suggested. Back to single [H]. Thanks CK!

Can you also check my other problem which relates to the hidden forum too?

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/error-on-logging-out

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Actually, on second thought that’s not the best way.

Try downloading 0.0.4 again.

I think I fixed it, it’s a minor oversight during admin edits. If you have multiple [H]’s on a forum already you’ll have to edit them out, but once saved it should “stick”.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I downloaded .0.4 again. The double [H] is back.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

It’s possible that you downloaded it before the plugin browser updated it. It’s updated now, but look in your local copy and make sure the word ‘action’ is in there. If not, download again.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

There is ‘action’ in five places. I will download again.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Downloaded from the plugin browser. Still double [H]. ‘Action’ is in five places in the php document.

Works for me.

bbPress 1.0a2 and plugin v.0.0.4*

Didn’t bother me before (just deleted double H’s) but this is progress!

Um, _ck_, while you’re looking at that file…peek at another minor thing ;)

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Where did you delete the double [H]?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

CK, can you upload that first solution again that you removed? That worked for me. But I’ve overwritten that file, and I can’t remember the change.

Hey kannued,

When I edit the forum in the Admin back-end, I used to see the [H] [H] Forum Name so I would delete both of the [H]’s and let the plugin put one back.

If you take a look at the link to my issue (a few posts up), you’ll see that I stopped using H’s altogether…

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I went back into the php and changed the “[H]” to “”. On the front page, all of my forums except one, no longer have the [H]. The one forum which I had trouble with, still has one [H].

What part of the admin back-end do I go to? I did a search on bb-admin for [H], nothing. You must mean in the database that I delete the [H]?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Go into the admin menu, edit your forums and make sure when you edit each one, the [H] does not appear in the edit field. Remove it if it appears. After you save, it will appear once in the saved list.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I went into the database and changed it.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar