Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

"Edit Reply" is using my post loop

• Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

So I’ve been trying to debug this problem for about a month and finally decided to try and get some extra help. Here’s a summary of what’s going on.

When a user clicks Edit, they are brought to a page that’s showing the excerpt for the reply, with a Continue Reading button. No editing can be done. Regular topics can be edited as expected, but replies are pulling from my post loop it seems.

Does anyone know where to begin looking for something like this? The theme’s creator is MIA (Huddle theme from Themeforest), and if I knew which files to begin digging through, I might be able to fix it on my own.

I’m using WordPress 3.7.1
    I’m using BuddyPress 1.8.1
    I’m using bbPress 2.4.1

I can provide more information upon request, would appreciate any help or general finger pointing to get me in the right direction. Thanks!

I had tried to post this last week with screenshots, but I think bbPress put it in the spam folder, so I’m trying again without the links to screenshots now.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Does everything work fine with a default WordPress theme? (If so we can narrow it done to a theme issue and not some other issue).

Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

It’s definitely the theme causing the problem. I went as far as seeing that /reply/ pages are using my standard blog’s post.php file. I can’t figure out what file /topic/ pages are using.

The topic creator can edit their post without a problem.

People who leave replies run into the problem

Dan
    Participant

@thedan1984

Anyone have any thoughts on where or what I could be looking for to fix this? Is there a function that tells bbPress replies to use a certain page or template?

I’ve tried looking in my theme’s function.php and buddypress-function.php files for anything referencing bbPress and had no luck.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar