Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Edit Profile (pale blue) Fields

• russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

I simply want to edit the wording in the (Pale Blue), fields in the ‘Edit Profile’ section. an example: to change “Your password should be at least ten characters long. Use upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols to make it even stronger.” to “eight characters long”. Also the (Pale Blue), name field is empty, just a ‘period’. Where is the code/file located? I’ve searched high and low!?

WP 4.7.2 bbpres 2.5.12 newsite.hampsteadbowmen.com

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

Hi Dominic,
    I think you misunderstood my post. I simply want to reduce the required password length to 8, rather than 10. I have changed this setting in Profile Builder Pro to eight, and that iis actually working ie 8 character passwords are accepted, but this dialogue box is still saying 10, which is confusing for visitors (and me!)

I think this is a BBPress issue, but I can’t find where to change this anywhere! Iv’e searched every CSS file i can find!
    Any help would be much appreciated

russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

Where is this dialogue box wording stored? Is it in a CSS file or Function file, or what? Driving me crazy looking for this – just want to change “ten” to “eight”.

russ8523
    Participant

@russ8523

OK! After much random searching I found the location. If anyones interested it’s: wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-user-edit.php.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar