Categories
Search
Bottom

Edit Forum Section not Appearing in Dashboard or Sidebar

• staq
    Participant

@staq

Hi,

I was able to set up and add forums no problem when i first downloaded and installed bbPress, however, after that first time, the forum section in my dashboard sidebar has disappeared. I cannot find ANYWHERE in my settings, users nor on the forum page itself where I can add and edit forums. I have tired everything, even unactivating, deleting and reinstalling bbPress multiple times. I am very frustrated as I need to change and add forums for work.

Some help would be much appreiciated.

Thanks,

The STAQ team.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

stressfreebill
    Participant

@stressfreebill

I am having the same problem except I never started any forums. ‘Forums’ was in my dashboard sidebar initially after activating bbPress, but disappeared at some point. I have followed the above recommendations: I disabled all plugins, switched themes, reinstalled bbPress… all to no avail.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

One oddity I have noticed is that I am no longer listed as Keymaster under User Roles for both the site and forum. I do not know how to restore those roles or if it is connected.

I would really appreciate help with this

Robin W

@robin-w

One oddity I have noticed is that I am no longer listed as Keymaster under User Roles for both the site and forum. I do not know how to restore those roles or if it is connected.

that is absolutely the issue !! – only keymasters get to see the forums in wp-admin. But you are not allowed to change your own forum role.

so if you are an admin, create a new user, give them admin privilege, and then log on using that username, set yourself back to keymaster, and then delete the new account

stressfreebill
    Participant

@stressfreebill

This partially worked (and I am grateful – Thank You !!!)…

My new user now has the Keymaster Role for both the site and the forum (and ‘Forum’ has returned to my new user dashboard… however, I am unable to assign the Keymaster role to my original username. ‘Keymaster’ is not available in the dropdown for site roll, and though it is available in the forum role dropdown, it won’t change.

stressfreebill
    Participant

@stressfreebill

FYI (an additional note):

My original user has roles listed as:
    site (Administrator, Participant)
    forum (Participant)

Do I need to remove the participant roll? (and how would I do that?)

Robin W

@robin-w

My original user has roles listed as:
    site (Administrator, Participant)
    forum (Participant)

hmmm… where is this listed? eg dashboard>users>etc.

– looks like some role plugin is doing some stuff.

stressfreebill
    Participant

@stressfreebill

Yes, this is the dashboard>users> area…

To my knowledge, I don’t have any role plugins installed. A while back my wp dashboard disappeared and a had to hire GoDaddy WP support to fix. The told me I had lost my Admin status and they restored it. Unfortunately, it looks like they created this problem (and won’t help with it now).

Also, please be aware that I am unable to assign any forum roles to any user (including Moderator, etc.)

Robin W

@robin-w

contact me via my website

Contact me

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar