Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Edit button displayed on buddypress forum for normal user

• shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

When a normal user creates a forum topic on our website an edit icon is show at the bottom of the thread for the user, when they click edit it takes them to their woocommerce profile settings for some reason.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

I can definitely guarentee it is not the theme, switched to twentytwenty, switched to a user with just the subscriber role and I am seeing the same edit button. I talked with the theme devs and they believe this has something to do with bbpress, I cannot find a plugin that is causing the issue. If I need to get an admin at bbpress access to our website I can no problem but this is a big issue for us.

shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

the edit button can only be seen by the user who created the forum post

shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

the edit button can only be seen by the user who created the forum post

Robin W

@robin-w

so did you do the plugin test ?

shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

Yes, I installed the plugin you suggested but I could not discover the issue so I went back to the theme devs and they said to have you guys take a deeper look

shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

Any update here?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, no, presume you have woocommerce installed, but no idea why it is conflicting.

I presume you carried out

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

shikoro
    Participant

@shikoro

I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Please have a dev reach out to me to assist.

alexfilutze@gmail.com

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar