Categories
Search
Bottom

Duplicate Topic Detected (Not Working)

• Viswa RJ
    Participant

@blogohsphere

Hi,

I have created a forum using bbPress and uploaded the ForumPress theme. I have not made changes to any core files. I have added 1 snippet to show Advanced TinyMCE Editor for all users in frontend. At first or after adding that snippet too, Whenever I post a duplicate content/topic, it shows as Duplicate Topic detected. But after WordPress Update to 5.9.3, it is not showing any error messages and accepting the duplicate topics, replies, etc.

I have tried all solutions from your forum and other websites, nothing helped. Please help me resolve this issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I can repeat this issue on my test site post 5.9.3.

I’ll take a look to see.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, test was invalid – I had my test user with too many privileges!

So, users who can ‘Throttle’ (see https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/before-installing/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/ for list) bypass the duplicate check – so likely that if you were testing you will have that capability.

Can you comer back if you still have an issue.

Viswa RJ
    Participant

@blogohsphere

Hi,

As said earlier, I have tried installing the bbpress in a demo wordpress domain. With bbPress, I installed and activated only

1. Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced),
    2. Classic Editor,
    3. Highlighting Code Block

plugins. Created sample forums with few topics. Later, I have created a username and logged in as a participant and tried to post the same topic and reply (Nothing changed). Topic got posted, it never shown any error such as Duplicate topic detected or Duplicate reply detected. At the end of the slug, it has added -2 and got posted as topic-name-2.

Please help me resolve this issue AEAP.

Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viswa RJ
    Participant

@blogohsphere

Hi,

I have used the same plugins and theme from starting till 1000th topic in my WordPress site. Till 1000th topic and reply, duplicate check for topic and reply were working fine. Later it started to show error and show later the new topics and replies count also not showing up in frontend. Every 2 days once, I need to go to Tools > Forums and Recalculate everything to get frontend topics and replies count.

Will there be any error with WP Cron.? Can you please let me know regarding this too.?

Please help me with this.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar