Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Duplicate tags.

• Does bbPress have the ability to weed out duplicate tags just in case they might be submitted by two or more users again?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I thought bbPress just added to the count the number of times a tag was used. If it’s a duplicate, the tag just becomes more popular, and grows in size in the tag cloud. Are you talking about something else?

You can “merge” two tags using the tag tools… but that’s a one time thing. I don’t know of a way to automatically replace one tag with another one, on an ongoing basis…

I was talking about duplicate tags. For example if ten users had “sample” as a tag, I do not want to see it under Tags ten times also. Is that possible where bbPress will let me see duplicate tags and give me an option to delete them too?

Chris did you mean it will “grow” in size only if used once already and not repeat itself several times under Tags? That might work too. Just want to make sure if “sample” is the only tag used by a hundred users it does not show up a hundred times under Tags.

Thanks.

The tag cloud would show “sample” only once, but it would be larger than the other, lesser-used tags.

You can see an example at the top of the bbpress forums, under the section entitled “Hot Tags”:

https://bbpress.org/forums/

Got it. That is all i wanted to make sure I was not repeating the same tags over and over again under Tags. Also where can I adjust the incremental size of tags? How many sizes can you have depending on the number of times it repeats itself?

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

please start a new topic for your new issue regarding tags.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Abbpress.org%2Fforums+bb_tag_heat_map

The tag will never show up twice. Try adding the same word to a topic and see what happens, and try adding that same word to another topic and see how the relative size in the tag cloud grows.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar