Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Duplicate forums and subforums

• rda5009
    Participant

@rda5009

I am trying to find an easy way to duplicate forums and the subforums/categories underneath of them. The scenario is I have a forum with multiple categories, subforums, and subforums in those categories. So the hierarchy looks like this:
    Parent Forum
    -Child Subforum
    -Category
    –Grandchild Subforum

I need a way to essentially duplicate the entire hierarchy while only changing the parent. In the meantime, I would need all of the children and grandchildren to inherit the new parent. So when it’s duplicated:

forum 1/category 1/grandchild 1 –> forum 2/category1/grandchild 1

I found that the plugin WP Bulk Posts Duplicator can duplicate all of the forums, but it does not allow for modifying the parent forum and you are not able to specify which forums you want to duplicate (I don’t need to make copies of every forum).

With that being said, is there any way to duplicate a forum and only change the parent, or to have a forum template that has a complete hierarchy that you set up and can mass produce?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• thinkinginxyz
    Participant

@thinkinginxyz

Hello,

I would like to ask you if you find the way to do it. I am in the same situation as you, but i dont find a solution. I am so surprised how even Budypress and BBpress are so popular, the community and the help that bbpress provides s**ks completely. I think actually that BBpress and Budypress are far to be a good tools. 🙁

Thanks in advance for your time and considerations

Kind Regards,
    Ting

Robin W

@robin-w

the community and the help that bbpress provides s**ks completely

well then you’d better sort it on your own – helpers here do this for free, and we’re not here to be insulted. Good luck

thinkinginxyz
    Participant

@thinkinginxyz

@robin-w, I am sorry if I offended you. It was not my intention and I am sorry for my words. No the most appropriated ones, so I would like to apologize and take those back. But I was and I am very surprised how a big tool like bbpress has so lack of reply.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thank you for apologising. Bbpress like all free open source software is written for free by people who like coding. People who like coding don’t always tend to be those who like doing support, so like much free software, they rely on community people to help in supporting. I hope that you will also feel that if you are helped in a support forum, you look to help someone else, as that is the only way that a ‘community’ can exist. If you simply just ask a question, get a response and then go away, it is hardly surprising that there is no-one helping.

Your question would require lots of time to understand and code, so I suspect that it will not get answered. You quickest may well be to duplicate using that code and then delete those not wanted.

thinkinginxyz
    Participant

@thinkinginxyz

Hello @robin-w,

Again, I am sorry if I offended you. It was totally no my intention. I am sorry for that. I am actually a pro open-source. I have my open open-source projects and I collaborated in a lot of variety of them. I didnt post initially this thread, and I found it because I try to come often to look around in the forum to get knowledge and to see if I can help (with my current little knowledge that I have). The question that I post is not related with this topic. I posted here in bbpress, on other expert platforms, (even now I posted it in codementor to speed up the process) and I am always on the official irc chat of bbpress. But, so far no luck at all. That is why I started,few weeks ago, learning WP plugins and hooks. I was just expecting that bbpress has a more active (from my experience) support.

Once again, I am sorry to offend you or anyother one. No my intention.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks, I’ll ignore this one, and see if I can help further on the other one

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar