Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Dummy's guide to installing bbPress 2.0, BuddyPress, and WP (sitewide forums)

• Has anyone done this successfully? I feel like an idiot. I have 1) installed WP, 2) added and activated BP, and then 3) installed bbPress via BP “Sitewide Forums” option. Then I get a whole series of conflicts – first the forums won’t display in the BP theme, then I adjust the slug names and the Forums tab disappears, then I get the Forums page but there doesn’t appear to be anything there. I can’t crack the secret code. I feel like I’m playing Myst.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I registered here just to help you, because i was having this same issue.

I was frustrated as well… BUT the solution is so simple. Too bad theres no documention to tell everyone.

Whatever u changed the BBPress “Forums base” name to, make a wordpress page with that permalink. And then put in the short code [bbp-forum-index] (or any BBPress shortcode u like).

If you changed the BBPress Forums base name to “theboards”, then make a new wordpress page with the same permalink “theboards”. So your forum will be located at mywebsite.com/theboards, regardless of if you create new forums or topics, theres nothing there. Create a page, pop in that shortcode or any of the ones at the link below and ZAP BOOM POW, go to mywebsite.com/theboards and its there! lol

BBPress Shortcodes- https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-shortcodes.

Hope that helps.

I got it working this way, but I don’t see any forum activity in the Activity Stream.

Is there a way to set up bbPress so forum activity goes in the Activity Stream?

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Try follow these steps. Also a moderator should probably close this thread as it’s a bit of a double post.

If you changed the BBPress Forums base name to “theboards”, then make a new wordpress page with the same permalink “theboards”. So your forum will be located at mywebsite.com/theboards, regardless of if you create new forums or topics, theres nothing there. Create a page, pop in that shortcode or any of the ones at the link below and ZAP BOOM POW, go to mywebsite.com/theboards and its there! lol

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar