Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Dummies Guide

• I have just installed this and I am an amateur if not total dummy at htlm, php and css. Is this a Pro Product or do you expect home users to use it as well? To use this I need to: (a) remove the “hot tags” section on the left. (b) Remove the Forums section. (c) Remove the Views Section. Sitting here staring the the php and the css is crazy. Where is the dummies guide that says how to do these simple things? Also this thing has no search on it which makes no sense. I can handle that with a google site search box on there but where is the code/theme for this please? Many Thanks…

Oh man forget it it’s crashing now at: http://willyhoops.com/bbpress/. Click on anything and it says topic not found. I am totally lost

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Ok I fixed up some things…. Have a look at:

http://willyhoops.com/bbpress/

But I can not get the forums to start over to the left in space taken up by the hot tags is still there. I am staring at this sytle sheet but it’s no easy tak to do this.

Really it would be nice to get rid of all the tags stuff everywhereand just have a real simple site. Never seen any other sites use this tags idea and it looks nice but a bit overcomplicated. I guess I am pushing it to want all that.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

To get rid of the whitespace where the tags were, open up style.css and find this around line 215:

#front-page #discussions {

It looks like this now:

margin-left: 170px;
    width: 590px;
    }

Change it to this:

width: 760px;
    }

That moves it over the the left, and makes it the full width (590+170 = 760.)

Not sure what other pages you want to do this on, but the procedure is the same.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar