Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Dreamhost Users and require_once

• I’m a newb, guys, and just wanted to share with other newbs who might have problems with require_once at Dreamhost.

/*the following line of code got the forums to appear correctly but then admin didn’t work. Note: registration does not work here now–email address not accepted.

require_once(‘../wp-load.php’);

*/

/*The program told me: Warning: require_once(../wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/my_db_username/foo.com/forums/bb-config.php on line 66

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../wp-load.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear’) in /home/my_db_username/foo.com/forums/bb-config.php on line 66

So let’s try the full path and see if admin works. Otherwise, we’re going to see if we can load the bbpress admin functions in the main install.

*/

/*first using the /home/my_db_username path*/

require_once(‘/home/my_db_username/foo.com/wp-load.php’);

/*this works to display the forum correctly. Checking the admin side: admin side also working. Note: don’t work on stuff late at night if you’re going to miss simple stuff like this */

YMMV. Hope this helps somebody.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar