Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Download Issues for you to resolve

• derekboughton

@derekboughton

Hi

Great product but just a couple of observations you might like to consider –

There seems to be nothing in the download that tells you what version you have – this should be remedied. In fact, I cannot find any ‘Read Me’ file either.

Also, the installation instructions should say that you first need to setup a database and note the username/password for use in the installer.

Keep up the good work

Derek

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The version is in the admin back-end in the footer. Are you looking to find it somewhere before you install it? When you download it, you select with version you download, correct? How did it come up that you needed to know the version and did not?

Good point on noting the need to set up the database first. I wonder if WordPress overlooks the same thing?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

WordPress mentions creating the database first, in (2) here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install

Their docs are a lot more comprehensive than those for bbPress.

derekboughton

@derekboughton

Seems like a strange place to ‘hide’ it.

When I had a problem with the product, I was asked what version was I using. People don’t typically take a note of the version number and the question might be asked a long time after installation (and into the future) when there are many versions out in the field.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

The version is shown also in the main admin page (the dashboard) bb-admin/ just below the statistics list.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar