Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Downgrading forum?

• peetee
    Participant

@peetee

Since this weekend I’ve been testing BBpress, trying to migrate an Invision 3.4.x forum through the BBpress importer. This is a forum with 38.000 members and 320.000 forum posts.

Using the 2.5.14 BB importer version this did not go well: it would hang several times and stop at around 250.000 posts.

Importing with version 2.6 RC3 went considerably better. Last night the complete forum was imported in 1 run! So that is really promising!!

But as we do not know whether the 2.6 RC3 version is stable enough to keep using, and we do not know when the 2.6 final release would be released, one might consider to use the 2.6 version for import and then downgrade to the last stable version 2.5.14 for the time being.

But the question is ofcourse: is this wise? And is this going to bring trouble? Who could advise me in this matter?

Greetz,
    Peetee.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

not having been through all the changes in 2.6.x wouldn’t like to say on backward compatibility with 2.5.x, I do know the way it hadles subscriptions is different.

However 2.6 is quite stable, and now going through final release procedure, so I would be tempted to migrate and then stay with that – I suspect any final tweaks are just that.

Many have been using 2.6 for months now, and I’ve seen no adverse reports

peetee
    Participant

@peetee

Hi Robin,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    So most likely we will stick to 2.6 RC3 for the time being, and move to Final release when it is released.

Thank you again for your advice.

Greetz,
    Peetee.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar