Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

does not preview any links from instagram or Youtube

• OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

Hi, since I used BBPRESS, we shared links and post from facebook, instagram or youtube and bbpress used to preview them, very nice.

But since a few weeks ago that stopped working and now only shows the link…

Any idea?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress has not changed in that time, so it will probably be an update in your theme, wordpress or another plugin.

for future you should note what you upgrade and when to allow you to work out which changes affect your site.

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Recently, these three single-owner companies changed the rules of public API – this made unpossible to insert chunks into WordPress without problems now.
    In short, you need to Create new tokens again facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools or in instagram profile.

Good news: There are several social feed plugins that have already solved this problem – try searching on wp.org

Robin W

@robin-w

@neon67 – 🙂 thanks for that

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

@robin-w well well, it seems that is not my problem, it seems that bbpress has to adapt…

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Correction – YouTube is not Facebook, this is Google)) Nothing has changed there and everything is inserted as before.
    But there are videos prohibited for insertion by the author – then also fail.

Robin W

@robin-w

If I understand it, site admins need to create new tokens and then it should work in bbpress – is that correct @neon67 ?

OSCOWP
    Participant

@oscowordpress1

How I can create new tokens?

Robin W

@robin-w

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

as I understand it, now it will be given to insert only own feeds after registering a token, and it will not be possible to insert, for example, Leonel Messi. Therefore, no updates to bbpress will help. Now everyone needs to solve this problem independently (((

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar