Categories
Search
Bottom

Distinct forum users and admin users

• barnabe
    Participant

@barnabe

Hello,

I install a bbPress forum for a support website. Our customers should be able to register to the forum, but should not have access to the WP admin. So I have few questions about that:

– How to separate customer users who have only access to the forum, and admin users who have access to WP admin panel?
    – How to hide the WP toolbar by default when a user registers?
    – I use the bbPress’ form register template, how to redirect users to a specific page after submit and not to the WP’s form login?
    – In the mail with password, how to change URL by a specific page and not to the WP’s form login?

I think that’s all for now…

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• barnabe
    Participant

@barnabe

– How to hide the WP toolbar by default when a user registers?

I found this code to add in functions.php theme file:

add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

– I use the bbPress’ form register template, how to redirect users to a specific page after submit and not to the WP’s form login?

I found this code to add in functions.php theme file:

function bbp_form_register_custom_redirect()
    {
       return 'URL here'; // Ex : return get_permalink(73);
    }

add_filter('bbp_user_register_redirect_to', 'bbp_form_register_custom_redirect');

But with this code, when there is an error (like username already exists), the redirect is not effective.

Any idea?

barnabe
    Participant

@barnabe

But with this code, when there is an error (like username already exists), the redirect is not effective.

This excellent tutorial helped me to fix that : Redirect to custom page after login or register fails

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar