Categories
Search
Bottom

Displaying only specific forums on WordPress page

• David
    Participant

@davidgibson

Hi
    I have 6 forums. I’d like to display 3 of them on one page and the other 3 on anoter page in WordPress. I thought that I could use the shortcode [bbp-single-forum id=32] but when using this, the single forum is added to the page but it’s already expanded showing all the topics within that forum. Is there a way to show single forums but in a collapsed format?

Thanks for any help that you can offer (I’m not a programmer, so please keep replies easy for a non techie 😀)

Thanks – David

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

The easiest way is to create a ‘category’ forum as a holder

so if you had 3 forums related to say flowers and 3 forums to trees, you would add 2 new forums called ‘flowers’ and ‘trees’

so in dashboard>forums>add new when adding the forum in ‘forum attributes’ in the top right of the screen change the ‘type’ from ‘forum’ to ‘category’

then in each ‘flower’ sub forum you would edit these

dashboard>forums>select forum> edit and change the ‘parent forum’ (right hand side) to the category forum ‘flowers’

and repeat for trees.

then in your page use the forum category as the id

so if the flowers category was forum id 365 then the shortcode would be

[bbp-single-forum id=365]

since categories don’t have topics, just the forums show.

You might want to improve how they look by looking at this plugin

bbp style pack

and looking at the 3 first forum tabs. there’s lots of other useful stuff in that plugin as well.

David
    Participant

@davidgibson

Thank you so much for this Robin. Sounds like a great solution and I’ll try it over the weekend when I can dedicate time to it without interruption. I’ll also have a look at the Style Pack that you suggest.
    Thanks again for your help and quick response.
    David

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar