Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Display issues

• finallyfoundausernamenotusedbefore
    Participant

@finallyfoundausernamenotusedbefore

I have a few minor problems on my forum that would be nice to iron out, but they aren’t stopping it from working. I am using the BBP Style pack plus a few other plugins.

The forum is at https://signalbox.org/the-blower/ (we call it “The Blower”) and it covers a rather esoteric subject but you may wish to look at it to understand what I am saying.

1. Freshness display: This is re-named “Latest Activity” on my site. It isn’t giving me the result I expected. It is showing the date and name of the latest post in the thread

started the most recently

, not the most recent post

in any thread

. You can see this by looking in the “British Signalling” forum, which orders things correctly. I have looked through the settings several times but have I missed something obvious here?
    It is possible, of course, that new posts since I wrote this make this more difficult to see!

2. I am also having problems with the display of pinned and locked topics – see in “About this web site”. They do not fill the width of the display. I have locked/unlocked, pinned/unpinned and deleted/re-written several times and tried removing the symbols but this persists. Again, I may have missed something in the myriad of settings.

Neither of the above change if you are logged in or not, so you don’t need to register to see what I am describing.

Any help appreciated!

John

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

great site subject !! My Brother in Law is mad about railways!

1. Not absolutely clear on the question. Is the display data correct but you want to display something different, or is the data wrong ? This column will show the latest entry (topic or reply) in the box with a link to it. If the data is wrong, then go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes and set the latest reply one. It will only take effect from the next post.

2. I can’t see any pinned or locked topics on the site – to save me having to find examples, can you post links to them.

finallyfoundausernamenotusedbefore
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. It wasn’t helped by the formatting going funny on me.

1. It wasn’t displaying as I thought it should – I wasn’t sure if that was by design or not! But I have gone to dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes as you suggest. I don’t see an option for “latest” reply but have activated “Fix Last Active Time” which will hopefully do the trick? I won’t be able to tell on that, as you say, until somebody posts something.

2. If you follow this link:

About this web site

the top topic, “Feel Welcome” is the one that appears compressed and isn’t using the full width.

Best regards,

John

Robin W

@robin-w

your theme is limiting stickies – not sure why

add this to the custom css of either your theme or my style pack plugin

.sticky {
    	display: inherit;
    }

Participant

Robin – you are an absolute gem! No2 sorted in a flash!

I will confirm on item 1 as soon as somebody posts something fresh.

Best regards,

John

Participant

Just an update to say query No1 is resolved too.

Many thanks indeed.

Best regards,

John

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar