Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Display is Cluttered, not like Documentation

• kentwest
    Participant

@kentwest

Caveat: I’m new to WordPress, themes, CSS, and bbPress.

I’ve got a website that seems to be working properly (using the hueman theme (well, actually, hueman-child)), and have installed bbPress, and created a forum page, but the form is cluttered. It looks like:
    What my bbPress forum looks like instead of like how the documentation shows it to look:
    How the documentation shows a bbPress forum to look

I’ve deactivated all my plugins except bbPress, and have tried all 6 or 7 of my installed WordPress themes, but nothing seems to help? Suggestions? Thanks!

Kent

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

something is broken !

can you tell me how your page is set up?

see https://codex.bbpress.org/step-by-step-guide-to-setting-up-a-bbpress-forum/

and which of item 3?

kentwest
    Participant

@kentwest

When I first installed bbPress, I found an item in the WordPress Dashboard that said “Forums”; I clicked on that, and then on “New Forum”.

I typed in a title, and a brief blurb in the content box, and then clicked on “Publish”.

I then, in the WP Dashboard, clicked on Appearance/Menus, expanded the “Forums” category, found my newly-created forum, and added it to my menus.

Then when I load my site in a web-browser, and go to that menu item, I got a forum page where I could add entries, which result in what I posted above.

kentwest
    Participant

@kentwest

I then tried Method 2, and get the same results.

Robin W

@robin-w

can you list which plugins you are using?

kentwest
    Participant

@kentwest

Usually:

– bbPress
    – Connections
    – Simple WordPress Membership

But as mentioned, I’ve also tried it with all but bbPress deactivated. No difference.

– Check email
    – Childify Me
    – Huemon Addons

have also been installed, but they’ve been deactivated for a while. I’ll try uninstalling those.

Okay, those three have now been uninstalled. Now I only have the following three plugins installed:

– bbPress
    – Connections
    – Simple WordPress Membership

and of those three, only bbPress is Activated.

No difference.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar