Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Disclaimer – Legal Terms Request

• aiitee

@motaboy21

Hello there, my name is Charles, and just yesterday one of my sittes got banned for my hosting company because of copywrite infrigement, and its true that bbpress doesnt come with a disclaimer to tell the people what to do, and what to do not

… so: what if we create one?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It is true, no disclaimer or terms of use are included with bbPress. I created one and link to it on the confirmation after registering, and also include the link in the registration email.

aiitee

@motaboy21

i see, it would be a great help if we could write on, im no attorney but wth, i need one, my website was suspended! and im no native american you know, so i need help with this one…

chrishajer, maybe if you could put here a copy, and we try to make it worth for bbpress…

whatcha think?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

While a TOS (terms of service) agreement for any forum during registration (as well as a age confirmation) I suspect it’s more likely your site got suspended for adult content?

In any case TOS and AGE confirmation are good plugin ideas. Here’s a plugin for TOS.

ps. “native american” = North American Indian. I suspect you meant instead that english is not your primary language.

aiitee

@motaboy21

no _ck_ my website was not suspended because of adult content, it was because of copywrite infringment, some user in my forum linked to copywrited content (the guy put an embed video) and my website got suspended.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar