Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Difficulty with setting up groups…

• eric_pvg
    Participant

@eric_pvg

I am attempting to create a forum site not unlike this site, but I need to support groups.

As a user I want to be able to create a group so that I can have forums which are private to the group.
    As a member of a group I want to be able to invite other users to my group without having to friend the user.

I had group functionality, provided by BuddyPress but was lacking forums. I installed bbPress to gain forums, but given that groups is not a retired feature. I lost my groups admin tools.

Currently using the TwentyTen theme. I still have the ability to create a group, but users are required to friend someone and have them reply before they can be invited to the group. Not something that works for this group of existing users. I need to be able to administer groups and then have group members able to invite others without the friendship requirement.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’m working on a new site in a multisite configuration running
    WP 4.1.1
    BuddyPress 2.2.1
    bbPress 2.5.6

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• eric_pvg
    Participant

@eric_pvg

not a retired…> now a retired feature

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm… you might fall between two plugins.

However I’d suggest you post this on the buddypress support groups as groups are a buddypress construct.

eric_pvg
    Participant

@eric_pvg

Will do. Thank you.

Does anyone know of a recipe for group forums under this version of WP? If anyone can suggest an alternative solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Basic forums for groups should not be complicated.

Robin W

@robin-w

Robin W

@robin-w

ahh, but that won’t work multisite

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar