Categories
Search
Bottom

Deleting Spam

• dealtek
    Participant

@dealtek

Hi,

I found a bunch of new topics and replies and want to delete them – hopefully in a bulk way.

I tried to use the search to find spam authors but it doesn’t seem to work..

Q: whats the best way to delete spam in bbpress?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>topics> and then use bulk actions and select those you want to delete – same with replies

dealtek
    Participant

@dealtek

ok thanks – but that is selecting one at a time. I was hoping to search by author name and get a bunch at a time – then bulk delete from there. Is there any way to do that?

Robin W

@robin-w

If you also want to delete the user, you can do

dashboard>users>all users then search for the user you want to delete

hover around there avatar and name and you will a bunch of links which one of them says delete

click that

then the next screen which is added from bbPress which says

[] delete all content

[] attribute all content to: {some username}

tick delete all content then confirm deletion

best I can do, I’m on vacation at the moment:-)

dealtek
    Participant

@dealtek

Great thanks for your help…

well not sure what used to be there – but bbpress had some spam authors I was trying to search for – but i do not think they were created as users. Is this possible? I did have incorrect settings to allow posts without first having user (now changed)

so in my case – I couldn’t search for users (there were none) or authors – correct?

Any way – thanks for the help and have a great vacation!

Robin W

@robin-w

with anonymous posting, then yes you would not have had users. I may look at how that could be sorted if next week is quiet, but no promises

dealtek
    Participant

@dealtek

Great thanks alot!

What I was trying to do was to search for authors then delete various things

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar