Categories
Search
Bottom

Deleting Spam Topics Permanently

• jhabley
    Participant

@jhabley

Hi,

I’ve had some spam topics posted in my forums. I’ve deleted the user. I’ve deleted the topic out of my topics list, but when I go to the forum, the topic still appears. When you click on it, it says 404 not found, but how do I remove it from the forum permanently?

Jen

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

have you cleared your cache ?

jhabley
    Participant

@jhabley

Twice before I posted, but I went back now and they’re gone (of course – that’s my luck).

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem – that’s computers for you !

hislordshipuk
    Participant

@hislordshipuk

I currently have 36,000 topics in my pending folder and another 3,000 in the bin. I have tried deleting 250 at a time and i get 504 Gateway error. I’ve reduced it down to 150 and it works. Only problem is that it will take me 72 hours straight with the process lag time, so that a pointless exercise. Is there a way of getting this spam data than using the dashboard option? I have created a dupe forum and moved all data I want and left the old forum with the rubbish in it, however, 39,000 topic entries takes up valuable space I dont have.
    Does anyone have a solution other than the above?

Robin W

@robin-w

you could try this

How To Delete All WordPress Pending Posts

it will delete the posts, but not the post meta, but will tidy up what wordpress displays and make it run faster

Robin W

@robin-w

yo could then use this to clear out the post meta

Advanced Database Cleaner

hislordshipuk
    Participant

@hislordshipuk

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to run the SQL option to delete the ‘pending’ post etc but it came back with a red box with ERROR in it and ‘#1046 – No database selected’ which I cant work out why.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’d guess you haven’t clicked the database on the left hand side to get a list of tables in the middle

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar