Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Deleted entire website/ Had to re-install WordPress/ Generally confused

• Hi Everyone,

I’m an idiot, and I just managed to screw up installing bbPress so badly that when I tried to visit my site (http://www.incorruptcorpses.com), I was instructed to install WordPress (which I did). Now, instead of having my semi-completed design (which is backed up) and the many, many posts which are a part of my thesis research (which are lamentably not backed up), I have that stupid little white-and-blue “Welcome to your new WordPress!” page. So it seems I’ve managed to delete my old WordPress account or magically disassociate it from my URL. I think. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Here’s a play-by-play:

I’m using Webhostingpad as my host. When installing bbPress, I first tried the database name and password I use for actually logging on to my file manager/cPanel, then I used the database name and password listed under MySQL in my file manager/cPanel. Both worked. I would bet the problem lies here. But I really would just love for someone to tell me that I can retrieve my posts.

Then, since I didn’t have any of the cookies stuff set up, I did that in my wp-config.php file. Then I copied and pasted into the bbPress installer.

Then it didn’t work.

Then I tried to look at my site for some reason, and couldn’t log in.

I deleted all the changes I made in wp-config.php, to no avail.

Is there anything I can do???

Thanks!

Maria

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Fixed it! In wp-config.php, I’d set $table_prefix = ‘wp_’ to something it was not!! Typing error thanks to slippery fingers. My life is a million times better than it was 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar