Categories
Search
Bottom

Delay in posts showing

• staffordrc
    Participant

@staffordrc

Hello

when posting on our forum http://www.staffordrc.org which is set up for registered users only to post there is a delay in seeing your posts or replies. Often users are posting things several times thinking that it has no worked but then they all appear at once.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem, thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

are you running any caching software?

staffordrc
    Participant

@staffordrc

Hi Robin

Not that I know of, but not a IT tech so just been fumbling my way setting up our website and maintaining it over the years http://www.staffordrc.org

Can you tell me where I should look to see if I have activated something without knowing, thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

If you (or someone else) haven’t installed some caching software as a plugin, then you won’t have it.

What sort of delay are we talking about? minutes, hours, days?

staffordrc
    Participant

@staffordrc

Hi Robin

the delay is usually hours, but they deninatly show up the next day

its interesting when I have posted via my ipad it never seems ot delay but when on my pc or lap top using microsoft there is alway a delay to post or reply to en exisitng post it would seem.

I know the message has been sent so do not worry but my users often post several times thinking its not working

Robin W

@robin-w

Nothing in wordpress that I iknwo of.

Are you using a spam filter?

I’d also suggest you talk to your host provider – they’re usually very helpful, and it might be something in your setup ion the server

staffordrc
    Participant

@staffordrc

No spam filters I am aware of

but will speak to Names.co.uk who are my hosts and they have been very helpfull in the past

thnaks for your feedback Robin : )

Robin W

@robin-w

If you get an answer from your host providers, do come back and post as this will help others.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar