Categories
Search
Bottom

Definitive pros & cons of installing bbpress in domain vs. sub-domain

• popmythology
    Participant

@popmythology

Hi, guys,

Yes, I know this topic has been somewhat discussed in a few other threads and I’ve read through them all, but I’m still not really clear on what the pros/cons are for installing this plugin in one’s existing domain/website vs. in a sub-domain. One comment that made an impression on me was one person’s claim that over time it would be hard to keep the bbpress databases optimized if you install in your main domain since bbpress shares databases with wordpress. This, according to the person, would slow down the site.

Can anyone with experience or wisdom give me a definitive statement of the pros and cons of installing in one’s main site domain vs. a sub-domain so that I can stop this endless search for answers and just install this thing? 🙂 THANKS!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I run a website with 20 pages, over 500 blog posts, many picture galleries, 27 forums, 3,000 topics, and over 8,000 replies.

This loads as fast as another site with the same hoster which has 15 pages, no posts and no blog.

There’s probably a difference if you get a stopwatch out, but users are interested in content not speed unless it is ridiculously slow.

Hope that helps !

popmythology
    Participant

@popmythology

Hi, Robin! Thank you, that does help and I’m thinking I’ll just go ahead and install it on my main domain/site.

I’d be curious to look at your blog if you wouldn’t mind sharing the link. Not because I don’t believe you (haha) but I’m just curious to see how you’ve laid yours out. Would that be okay? Thanks so much in advance.

Robin W

@robin-w

popmythology
    Participant

@popmythology

Awesome, thank you so much.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar