Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Default Custom Fields in New Topic

• gdj13
    Participant

@gdj13

Hey friends I am very much a noob when it comes to BBpress so apologies if this question has been asked before, I have searched the support forum and Googled a whole bunch but to no luck.

I am planning the development strategy for my client’s new website and they have requested a product review forum on the website so customers can review their products on the forum. So my question to you is, is there a way to add by default some review fields in the text editor of the Topic that the user has to complete to display at the top of the topic before posting it? There will be other Forums so it would only need to be on this particular Forum. So for example…

The forum is on say laptops they retail, so the review fields would be laid out similarly to below for example
    Brand:
    Spec:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    then below would be their description of the laptop.

WordPress version: 6.5.3
    BBpress version: 2.6.9
    No site as yet, it’s still in the planning stage but this is my site.

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, lets see if I can replicate with your settings

Can you go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>plugin Information

and ‘copy row to clipboard’ of the Topic Form Additional Fields info to clipboard, it is right at the bottom and then paste back here

gdj13
    Participant

@gdj13

Here you go

Topic Form Additional Fields
    bsp_style_settings_topic_fields

a:19:{s:16:”number_of_fields”;s:1:”2″;s:18:”show_item_on_topic”;s:1:”1″;s:11:”item1_label”;s:10:”Brand Name”;s:6:”field1″;s:1:”0″;s:10:”fieldlist1″;s:0:””;s:7:”forums1″;s:0:””;s:11:”item2_label”;s:3:”RAM”;s:6:”field2″;s:1:”0″;s:10:”fieldlist2″;s:41:”Cape Town Durban Johannesburg Pretoria”;s:7:”forums2″;s:0:””;s:9:”separator”;s:1:”:”;s:14:”label fontSize”;s:2:”14″;s:15:”label fontColor”;s:7:”#ffffff”;s:14:”label fontFont”;s:9:”Open Sans”;s:15:”label fontStyle”;s:6:”Normal”;s:13:”item fontSize”;s:2:”14″;s:14:”item fontColor”;s:7:”#ffffff”;s:13:”item fontFont”;s:9:”Open Sans”;s:14:”item fontStyle”;s:6:”Normal”;}

Robin W

@robin-w

if you know phpmyadmin, you could also check the post meta for the topic, you should see entries for the fields eg

bsp_topic_fields_label_name2 This is a new field
    bsp_topic_fields_label2 this is the data

That would tell us if they are being stored, so it is a display issue, or not being stored so it is an input issue

gdj13
    Participant

@gdj13

Searched the wp_postmeta table and didn’t find anything for either field

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so if you can’t the fields, that means they aren’t being saved.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

gdj13
    Participant

@gdj13

Got it to work, Had another BBpress tools plugin installed that was clashing with it. Thank you so much for all your help etc much appreciated.

Robin W

@robin-w

which plugin was clashing ?

gdj13
    Participant

@gdj13

Apologies should have given the name.. its GD bbPress Tools

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar