Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

deep integration = blank screen

• Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

hi, i’ve added the code require_once(‘/path/to/wp-load.php’); on my bb-config.php in a subdomain of my site but when i try to visit the site i see only a blank page… any idea to resolve this issue?

my installation is: wp 2.9.2 and bbpress 1.0.2

thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What is the actual path you put in the “require_once” and does the file exist in that location?

Did you make sure that require_once is inside <?php tags and near the top of bb-config.php?

If you have access to error logs you should be able to find the problem. It’s probably that the path to your wp-load.php is incorrect in some way.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

the full path for wp is /…/…/…/domains/domain.tld/html/wp-load.php

and for the forum’s subdomain /…/…/…/domains/subdomain.domain.tld/html/

the path is correct i’ve checked it and the require_once is at the top of bb-config after <?

thanks for your help chrishajer

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So it’s all correct but still errors out with a blank screen? If you comment that line out, does it still give you a blank screen? If so, then something is not right with that particular line.

The path should not start with a forward slash if you’re using dots to go up the file tree. It should either be the full path starting with / or should be the relative path starting with ../ – one or the other.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

the path is the full path /nfs/something/something2/blablabla/domains/domain.tld/html/wp-load.php and the same for the subdomain (i’ve the hosting with mediatemple)

the line give me a blank screen without this line my forum works perfectly. any idea? thanks

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If the file is there in the exact path you’re using, and there are no other syntax errors in your bb-config.php, then I am out of ideas.

edwardbarker
    Participant

@edwardbarker

Same issue here. I comment out the require once wp-load and everything is ok… if I don’t I get a blank screen.

Using WP 2.9, BBP 1.0

edwardbarker
    Participant

@edwardbarker

My wordpress installation is in the top folder and then the forum installation is in a sub-directory (forum).

So wordpress is at http://www.unitedrant.co.uk and the forum is at http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/forum

Should the path be?

require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ‘../wp-load.php’); – says no exists

or

require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/../wp-load.php’); – get a blank screen

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you try to require_once some other random file in the same directory as wp-load.php? Just create a file called test.php in the directory as wp-load.php and try requiring that without requiring the wp-load.php. If it does not error out, then you probably have the path right and the system is configured to allow this type of file inclusion.

Also, if anyone has access to php error logs, that will help pinpoint the problem. Or, you can temporarily display errors to the screen, or create a custom logging. The blank screen tells you there IS a problem, but not WHAT the problem is. We’re just guessing without knowing the actual error.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I just tried including wp-load.php from another WordPress site on the same server, like this, and it worked just fine:

require_once('../../dev/wp-load.php');

Maybe our PHP or server configurations are different. But this worked fine and did not error out. I also tried just including a test.php file that I created in the same directory (the file is empty) and that works fine too. PHP doesn’t care what’s in that file (or if there is even anything in there at all), so long as there is no syntax error.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar