Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“Database failed to install”

• Hi, so I’ve run into a bit of a problem on the installation process. I get through all the steps but then when I press complete the installation if gives me the following error:

The database failed to install. You may need to replace bbPress with a fresh copy and start again.

I deleted and then re-uploaded bbPress 3 times and each time I get this result. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I’m trying to install it on a subdomain, forums.wearelabor.com, and trying to integrate it with WPMU/BuddyPress. Any and all help very much appreciated.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What version are you trying to install?

What host setup are you using? PHP and MySQL versions? Apache, IIS, Linux, Windows?

Have you tried installing without integration?

Have you tried installing in a directory rather than a subdomain?

I’m trying to install 1.0Alpha 4 build (buddypress requires at least 1.0).

But a new problem. I ran the install and it said it installed but with minor problems. I got a confirmation email saying it had installed. But when I go to forums.wearelabor.com it asks me to go through the install process again, even though I’ve already been told that I’ve installed it.

Here were my errors:

>>> Fetching missing WordPress cookie salts.

>>>>>> WordPress “auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> WordPress “logged in” cookie salt not set.

This is clearly the issue. However, when I went to where I was told these things would be, http://wearelabor.com/wp-admin/options.php, I didnt see any reference to them.

What am I doing wrong?

OK some more info. Background: I’m trying to install bbpress 1.oAlpha4 to integrate with WPMU and BuddyPress, following the instructions from here https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/trunk/bp-forums/installation-readme.txt

So. I’ve uploaded the bbpress files to forums.wearelabor.com. I’ve gone there in my browser and started the installation process. Got the bb-config.php created, good. On to WP integration. I’ve clicked yes I want to integrate and yes on cookie integration and here’s where my problems are.

WordPress “auth” cookie key

– have that, found in wp-config.php, entered

WordPress “auth” cookie salt

-supposed to be the value of auth_salt found on the wp-admin/options.php page but I don’t see anything like it there. (Help?)

WordPress “secure auth” cookie key

-found at wp-config.php, entered

WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt

-supposed to be found at wp-admin/options.php but its not there. BUT I did find it at wp-config.php. What should I do?

WordPress “logged in” cookie key

-found at wp-config.php, entered

WordPress “logged in” cookie salt

-supposed to be found at wp-admin/options.php but its not there. BUT I did find it at wp-config.php. What should I do?

Any and all help appreciated. This is quite frustrating.

Apologies for the attempt at bumping that was deleted. I should note though that I tried just a straight install of bbPress, skipping the WP integration, and it said forum failed to be installed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar