Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

database error

• VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

i am in the middle of switching webhosts because my old one, well, dissappeared.

anyhoo… i uploaded everything and changed the bb.config file to include all the new database info and uploaded the sql file from my old installation to the database.

the new host is godaddy… just in case that info is needed. i am still getting “ERROR: Could not establish a database connection” after trying all this. any ideas?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• weAREmarshall

@wearemarshall

in your bb config there’s like missing, or incorrect information in one of these fields:

/** The name of the database for bbPress */

define( ‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘database’ );

/** MySQL database username */

define( ‘BBDB_USER’, ‘user_name’ );

/** MySQL database password */

define( ‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘password’ );

/** MySQL hostname */

define( ‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’ );

check these fields with the information from GoDaddy for your MySQL database. if you haven’t, not sure, never used GoDaddy, you may need to create a MySQL database first?

weAREmarshall

@wearemarshall

in your bb config there’s like missing, or incorrect information in one of these fields:

/** The name of the database for bbPress */

define( ‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘database’ );

/** MySQL database username */

define( ‘BBDB_USER’, ‘user_name’ );

/** MySQL database password */

define( ‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘password’ );

/** MySQL hostname */

define( ‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’ );

check these fields with the information from GoDaddy for your MySQL database. if you haven’t, not sure, never used GoDaddy, you may need to create a MySQL database first?

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

everything matches… i wonder if it isnt working because i’m looking at it through previewdns?

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

everything matches… i wonder if it isnt working because i’m looking at it through previewdns?

weAREmarshall

@wearemarshall

possibly, are you using localhost for your MySQL hostname? I know with MediaTemple that will not work, they have an internal address you’re required to use.

weAREmarshall

@wearemarshall

possibly, are you using localhost for your MySQL hostname? I know with MediaTemple that will not work, they have an internal address you’re required to use.

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

Yes, I have the correct host in there… I even copy-pasted it in to make sure :(

I just hope it is something simple so I don’t have to start from scratch and lose everything.

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

Yes, I have the correct host in there… I even copy-pasted it in to make sure :(

I just hope it is something simple so I don’t have to start from scratch and lose everything.

weAREmarshall

@wearemarshall

weAREmarshall

@wearemarshall

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

Yes, I tried to reinstall, and now i can at least get into the back-end of it, but the page still says “could not establish a database connection” any ideas? i really don’t want to lose all the stuff already in the forum.

i was hoping it was just an issue within the preview, but it is still there after the site went live.

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

Yes, I tried to reinstall, and now i can at least get into the back-end of it, but the page still says “could not establish a database connection” any ideas? i really don’t want to lose all the stuff already in the forum.

i was hoping it was just an issue within the preview, but it is still there after the site went live.

is there any free host to host the all site

http://www.howtohealmyback.com/

is there any free host to host the all site

http://www.howtohealmyback.com/

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

ok, now i’ve got that under control (i think) because the plugin needed to be activated again… but now get ANOTHER error on the page

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bbpress_integration_get_common_parts() (previously declared in /home/content/06/7296506/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-integration/bbpress-integration.php:23) in /home/content/06/7296506/html/forum/bb-plugins/bbpress-integration/bbpress-integration.php on line 61

i’m even more confused than before… anyone know what this is?

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

ok, now i’ve got that under control (i think) because the plugin needed to be activated again… but now get ANOTHER error on the page

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bbpress_integration_get_common_parts() (previously declared in /home/content/06/7296506/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-integration/bbpress-integration.php:23) in /home/content/06/7296506/html/forum/bb-plugins/bbpress-integration/bbpress-integration.php on line 61

i’m even more confused than before… anyone know what this is?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar