Search
Bottom

Database broken?

• eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Hey guys,
    I think my bbPress database is broken.

First I am unable to post anything with any users and different rights (admin, participant), the error “you are too fast, slow down” appears every time.

Second I am unable to reset the database through admin > tools > forums > reset forums. If I try to reset the database with a click on the blue button “reset bbPress” the page reloads but there is the whole content still there.

Third I tried to delete and reinstall bbPress, but after reinstall I have not a single bbPress-option in the admin dashboard, like tools > forums oder settings > forum oder Forums, Topics and the other bbPress-related links.

I already disabled every plugin but still I am unable to post anything or reset the database.

Can you guys please help me?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Addition: I deactivated the “flooding”-options to get rid of the error message. Then is a posting possible but it appears as “anonymous”.

Also I tried the Forum Tools (tools > forums) and used every single repair/upgrade option at least once.

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Help please 🙁

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Hello?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, not sure what support we can offer.

It is a site specific issue, caused by something, following which you have done many things.

Beyond free help I’m afraid.

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Oh wow I waited soon 4 days to hear this?

I only reported what I did so far to troubleshoot this error. And by the way “you are too fast, slow down” is a popular bbPress error. After disabling the flood protection I am able to post but every posts appears as anonymous. This can’t be normal and I think is definitely a bbPress error. Also I can’t reset the database through settings > forums like I said before.

The error log is empty, only one error: WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘)’ at line 1 for query SELECT term_id, taxonomy FROM wpOF_term_taxonomy WHERE term_taxonomy_id IN () made by require_once(‘wp-admin/admin.php’), do_action(‘load-tools_page_bbp-repair’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bbp_admin_repair_handler, bbp_admin_repair_topic_tag_count, clean_term_cache

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m just a bbpress user who helps out here.

I did not respond to allow and other community members to respond if they wished.

I appreciated that you are frustrated, but you are using free software, and with that comes volunteer support. I’m not sure why you feel entitled to get someone to fix your problems for free and at a weekend.

There are 300,000 bbpress sites, and I have been offering support on this forum for 6 years, and have seen most issues that bbpress has had over the years.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

See my first post: I already deactivated every plugin apart from bbPress and still I can’t post anything or reset the database through settings > forums. Now I changed the theme to twenty twenty and still the errors appears.

I understand that this is free support but I thought this is the official support forum and the developers wants to know these bugs. There are a lot of “You are too fast”-threads but there is not a single solution to fix this. And I never said I want to get fixed it for free, if there is paid support I would like to pay for it. I did everything what I know to troubleshoot something like this, like deactivating plugins or watch the error log. But there is not a single log and deactivating wasn’t successfully. How to inspect these error further?

Robin W

@robin-w

slow down comes from a flood check function.

The flood time is set is

dashboard>settings>forums>flooding.

for this specific issue, I’d try setting that to a longer period and see if it makes a difference

Then you can disable this function using

add_filter( 'bbp_bypass_check_for_flood', 'rew_bypass_flood' ) ;

function rew_bypass_flood () {
    	return true ;
    }

Put this in your child theme’s function file – or use

Code Snippets

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

With the code above I am able to post but every post appears from “anonymous” 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

something seriously wrong !

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Yeah 🙁 Do you have any more ideas or do you know someone who could fix this?

Robin W

@robin-w

contact me via

Contact me

and include a link to this thread

eroesi
    Participant

@eroesi

Props to Robin, he helped me to fix this error, which was not bbPress-related.
    Thanks again!

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar