Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Customized registration form – hide fields

• jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

I managed to customize my registration form using the following thread…

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/customizing-profile-fields

However, all the info submitted via registration is posted on the user’s profile page (which is PUBLIC!). I would like some of these fields to be hidden from the public (and only viewable by the administrators, via the admin section).

So, if a user posts their phone number during registration, I DO NOT want the phone number posted online for everyone to see. I want it invisible to the public, and only viewable by my admins.

Can anyone help me do this???

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

Anyone out there? :(

I hate to bump posts, but I really need a resolution for this…

jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

I’m assuming there is a page that shows the content of the PROFILE … and, using PHP, we should be able to choose which fields are shown. So, for each field we want to hide, we could do something like:

IF field_name exists, THEN “do not print” field_name

Unfortunately, I don’t know bbPress too well to know which pages to edit, and my PHP coding is VERY poor. Please help if you can. Thanks.

jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

Anyone out there?

jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

Just upgraded the forum to version 2.0… Hoping that there would be a solution for this built into it’s core. Nope. Anyone have any idea how to do this for 2.0?

iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

i’d love to know, too! :)

iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

Ok! I found a solution that works for me. It’s using the bbPviews plugin, in tandem with the GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Plugin I bought, which creates the bbPress custom fields. Here’s a tutorial I made on on my website: How to filter topics by bbpress custom topic fields.

jabbamonkey

@jabbamonkey

I gave up on BBPress, and just used PhpBB instead. It does everything I needed and was easy to setup. Also, BBPress has pretty poor support, and I’ve run into a ton of issues and customization difficulties with it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar