Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Customize forum installed as WordPress plugin

• I have searched for hours and I can’t make sense of how to customize a forum when using bbpress that was installed as a WP plug in.

I want to do two things:

1) get rid of the part that says “This forum contains 2 topics and 3 replies, and was last updated by John John 8 hours ago.”

2) I want to make the forum page wider than the default page width for my WordPress theme.

This seems like these should be very simple customization, but I just can’t figure out how to do it. Can someone point me to where I could learn step by step how to do this?

thanks,

Tom

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Well I found how to get rid of “This forum contains 2 topics and 3 replies…”

I edited bbp-forum-template.php -> function bbp_get_single_forum_description

I shorted out the function by setting $retstr to an html break tag.

It does the job perfectly, but oh this is so wrong to do it this way 😮

Please, please tell me there is a better way to do this!!!

To make the page wider for the forum I put the following code in my themes page.php:

<?php if ( strpos($_SERVER[“REQUEST_URI”], ‘forum’)) {

?>

<div class=”art-content” style=”width: 800px; margin-left: 99px;”>

<?php

}

else {

include (TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/sidebar1.php’);

?>

<div class=”art-content”>

<?php

}

this just looks for the string “forum” in the url, and if found styles the content such that it is 800px wide. Otherwise, it just uses the default width. It works, but may not be the best solution. Any other thoughts?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar