Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Registration Email

• pluckvermont
    Participant

@pluckvermont

Hi,

I am trying to customize the registration email for BBpress. Is there an easy way to do this?
    Looking through this forum, I understand the email is generate by the WordPress Core.

Is there a plugin? I’d just like to redirect people to the actual forums, and not our site’s homepage.

TIA–

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress simply users WordPress registration, so any WordPress registration plugin will work.

just google ‘wordpress registration plugins’

pluckvermont
    Participant

@pluckvermont

OK-but most of those would affect all user registrations, right? I am trying to edit only forum registrant emails.

Thx–

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so how you are doing those differently from WordPress?

pluckvermont
    Participant

@pluckvermont

So our site typically has minimal users, myself and a few admins. We login properly and make the edits to the site.

We have a forum set-up coming online. Our registrants to the forum will get an email when they register. They’ll register from the bbpress shortcode I included on a page.

Instead of saying “Welcome the forum”, the email they receive says New User Registration.
    The URL it provides is the /wp-login, not the page with the bbpress login shortcode. It’s a default WP registration and login.

I’d liked to customize emails going to forum registrants that are specific to the forum.

Does that make sense?

Thx–

Robin W

@robin-w

yes it does make sense 🙂

so this is just ‘registration’ and any new users you ‘register’ for ‘wordpress not forums’ will be known to you and presumably admins, so it probably does not matter that ‘all’ new registrations receive a ‘forum’ welcome, as they will all be forum users apart from any new admins you sign up, who can be told to ignore the email.

so I would suggest that you just use a WordPress registration welcome and tailor it for your forum users.

Does that make sense, or have I misunderstood something ?

markfluk
    Participant

@markfluk

Useful thread, thank you. I followed the advice and activated a plugin (I used Better Notifications for WP). All’s good except that anyone registering now gets my nice new email but also gets a system email titled “[My-Site] Your username and password info”. Any idea how to stop the latter?

markfluk
    Participant

@markfluk

UPDATE – I got a reply from BNFWP.. “This is most likely caused by the bbPress plugin as it’s not possible to add 100% compatibility with BNFWP – it’s proven tricky to make it work in the past. You may wish to reach out to bbPress to see if there’s a hook you can use to disable their notification (without disabling the entire function within WordPress) so that BNFW can handle this notification for you.” I will post the question separately but thought it might be useful for anyone here with the same issue.

markfluk
    Participant

@markfluk

Update – I didn’t solve the original issue but got around it using the simple membership plugin that worked very well.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar