Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Nav to Forums Archive page

• emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

I have installed a menu swapper plugin and this is the only page that doesn’t allow me to change the navigation with that plugin.

Is there a way to do this within bbPress? I need a different nav displayed than the one that is currently there.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

by nav – do you mean breadcrumbs ?

emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

No, I mean navigation in the header.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so you have bbpress as an iten in a menu – yes ?

If so is it a page, a link or what ?

emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

Yes, bbPress is linked in the navigation as “Forums”.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not totally sure what you are trying to achieve, is it possible to give me a link to your site and you tell me how to see the problem?

emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

I have installed a plugin called “MENU SWAPPER”. This allows for each page/post on the site to choose any menu that has been created to be displayed on that page/post.

Originally, the functionality of this plugin did not include ANY of the forum pages. I figured out what to add to the menu swapper code to get the individual forums and the topics to have the functionality to swap menus. See the code below, I added “forum” and “topic” to make that happen.

function mswp_add_swap_meta_box() {
    $post_types = array(
    ‘post’,
    ‘page’,
    ‘forum’,
    ‘topic’
    );

The only pages on the site where there is no MENU SWAPPER functionality are the forums archive page here: https://scoutfantasysports.com/forums/

I am assuming this is because there isn’t really a “PAGE” in wordpress for this.

The menu on that page needs to be the same as on the individual forum pages here: https://scoutfantasysports.com/forum/fantasy-talk/

I need to know how to make this happen because it looks like I will need to edit a bbPress plugin file to do it.

Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok try this

add a page called ‘forums’ and put the shortcode

[bbp-forum-index] 

in it.

Your site should then see it as a page, and you should be able to use this page in your menu swapper

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar