Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom header for bbpress pages

• genevishgraphics

@genevishgraphics

For my website, running on Genesis framework using Minimum theme, I am using two diff custom body classes to define the header images of certain pages. The interior forum pages are only showing the default home page site header and I do not see where I can add my custom body class to those pages. Does anyone have a suggestion for how/where I can define/change the header images of the forum pages?? I would really appreciate it!

Website http://www.nurturematernity.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • This is a total guess and not tested, but you should be able to put something like this in your theme’s functions.php file

add_action( 'bbp_init', 'do_custom_body_classes' );
    function do_custom_body_classes() {
    add_filter( 'body_class', 'genesis_custom_body_class', 15 );
    }

genevishgraphics

@genevishgraphics

Unfortunately nothing changed, its probably “operator error” since I am pretty new to genesis and bbpress. Maybe I didnt explain myself properly either. :/

Some of my site’s pages use a custom body class where I specify an alternate header. It seems like all the pages I set up in the bbpress forum and topic areas are missing the Genesis Layout Settings Metaboxes where I can specify the custom body class….

I dont know if I am making this more difficult than it is?? It seems all the deeper bbpress pages (except for the page showing the actual forum) are reverting to the default header and I would like to customize it to show the alternate one.

Thoughts??

It might be easier to use some of the bbPress body classes in addition to what you are using now.

For example you might be using a custom body class called ‘my-header-image’.

So if you wanted to use that on your bbpress portion of the site you would just add the bbpress body class to your css, such as

.my-header-image,
    .bbPress {
    background: url(myimage.jpg);
    }

There are other body classes available from bbPress, but you get the picture :)

genevishgraphics

@genevishgraphics

Got it working!!

.bbPress #header {

background-image: url(images/mspace-header.png)!important;

background-repeat: no-repeat;

}

THANK YOU – YOU’RE a SUPERSTAR!! :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar