Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Forum Layout

• TSW
    Participant

@altonassociates

I have multiple forums all secured by a membership-plugin. I would like to create 1 page for all the forums and have the page as such:

BASIC MEMBERSHIP LEVEL FORUM TITLE
    There are several forums, one each for the different facilitated group. Please note that although all forums are listed, you will only have access to the facilitated group you belong to.
    [forum a shortcode]
    [forum b shortcode]

ADVANCED MEMBERSHIP LEVEL FORUM TITLE
    There are several forums, one each for the different facilitated group. Please note that although all forums are listed, you will only have access to the facilitated group you belong to.
    [forum c shortcode]
    [forum d shortcode]

The appearance of the shortcode I would like to be similar to [bbp-forum-index] ….

List the forum name (link) with (ideally) the # of topics, the # of posts, and the freshness.

I do not want to see the detail and the box for creating a new topic on this page. The forum link to topic and reply can function as they normally do.

Is this clear and does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

this plugin might be what you need

bbp additional shortcodes

TSW
    Participant

@altonassociates

Thanks Robin – close but I need to show individual forums, not topics.

This is roughly what I need:

Forum Topics Posts Freshness
    21CL – Group A 2 4 2 weeks, 1 day ago
    21CL – Group B1 3 3 2 weeks, 1 day ago

etc

This is pretty much what the built in shortcode [bbp-forum-index] does … I just need to be able to pick the individual forums as they are listed on different student-classroom pages.

Any thoughts?

Robin W

@robin-w

V. close to a solution – but supper calls, will finish it tomorrow and come back !

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’ve added it to my shortcode plugin

bbp additional shortcodes

you will want :

[display-forum-index forum= ‘2932, 2921′ breadcrumb=’no’ search=’no’]

You can see how to set this in

Dashboard>settings>shortcodes

TSW
    Participant

@altonassociates

Robin,

That is perfect, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

I’ve sent you a donation in appreciate of your help and will add the plugin to my shared fav’s list 🙂

Cheers!

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks – glad you’re fixed and thanks for the kind donation

TSW
    Participant

@altonassociates

Hi Robin,

We have just started using the plugin you provided and we are having an issue with the topics and replies that I am hoping you can shed some light on.

We see a list of topics. When we lick on a topic, what we see is the title of the topic but not the body. See below for what I hope is a clear explanation. The text entered for the topic of “What is Next” does not appear.

Any thoughts? We switched to the Twenty-Twelve theme to see if it was a theme issue however we get the same display.

SLP Home Page › Forums › 21CL – Group A › What is Next

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by WPQueen 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Reply To: What is Next

Robin W

@robin-w

hi, can you either post a link to your site and the page with the issue, or if this is private the contact me via my website

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar