Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom files

• jmodine
    Participant

@jmodine

Ok I have been playing with this for a while. When you read the bbpress information when it comes to customizing templates php ect it says to create a bbpress folder within your child theme. Well bbpress isnt looking for custom folder with in my theme so it ignores anything i place in that folder. How ever if anyone is having this problem just place your custom files in your child themes directory. bbpress finds them with no problem then. for example I just redid the content-statistics.php I did not want the the list to take up so much page so I changed the formatting of the file so it would display not with a default <dl> block style but in a <table> format. you can see this here. Only the file wouldn’t read in the bbpress folder.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

When you read the bbpress information when it comes to customizing templates php ect it says to create a bbpress folder

I’ll take another look to see if we can improve the wording.

‘bbpress’ templates do need to go into a bbpress folder, but creating a ‘theme’ template for bbpress needs to go in the theme root.

I think that what it says, but clearly it’s not that clear 🙂

Thanks for posting

Robin W

@robin-w

I have added a note in the step by step guide part 3 which should help, but if you think it’s not clear or find anywhere else that’s confusing, then please let me know.

I always welcome suggested text – someone who has just worked it out always writes better explanations that someone who is already familiar ! so if you want to post suggested text or alterations here, please do and suggest where they should go.

Thanks again, we can only improve the documentation if we get good feedback like this:-)

Robin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar