Categories
Search
Bottom

CSS bug?

• jeepdon
    Participant

@jeepdon

Re: http://powershell.org/wp/forums/users/dlwyatt/replies/

You’ll notice that the container for the page content is getting a 0px width and massive height calculated. The CSS style #bbp-forums has an “overflow: hidden;” style. Removing that style element fixes the display – but I’d like some confirmation that this is indeed a bug? The content in this specific case has a lot of PRE/CODE styling, so I’m not sure if there’s some weird interaction going on that I just can’t figure out.

The container in question is a ul#topic-0-replies, classed with .forums and .bbp-replies. The overflow attribute I’m referring to is coming right from the top of bbpress.css.

Note that I’m using the default styling/theming for BBP.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Why you use clear none?

#bbpress-forums #bbp-user-wrapper ul.bbp-lead-topic, #bbpress-forums #bbp-user-wrapper ul.bbp-topics, #bbpress-forums #bbp-user-wrapper ul.bbp-forums, #bbpress-forums #bbp-user-wrapper ul.bbp-replies, #bbpress-forums #bbp-user-wrapper fieldset.bbp-form {
        clear: none;
    }

jeepdon
    Participant

@jeepdon

Well, to be fair, *I* don’t use it, bbPress.css came that way. I’d prefer not to modify bbpress.css since it’ll become an ongoing maintenance thing every time the plugin is updated. If it’s a problem, I’d like to see it fixed.

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

This is not a bbpress css problems.. you can modify css.. create a folder named css in your theme folder and copy and paste bbpress.css here…

Bbpress use for future the css in your template, you can modify css and when bbpress being updated css remaining same..

Remove clear none and show all replies in your user profile!!

I am not not sure if this is a bug or not, my CSS skills are not that great.

If we removed it I am not sure how this would affect template compat in other themes.

I would suggest adding a custom bbpress.css file to your theme with the ‘overflow: hidden’ removed/commented out.

#bbpress-forums ul.bbp-lead-topic,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topics,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-forums,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-replies,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-search-results {
    	font-size: 12px;
    /*	overflow: hidden; */
    	border: 1px solid #eee;
    	margin-bottom: 20px;
    	clear: both;
    }

Also if you want to create a ticket on Trac https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ we can look into it further.

Robin W

@robin-w

As Stephen says move the bbpress.css into your theme and you can mod it withoutn overwriting

see

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – part 2

for details of how to do this

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar