Categories
Search
Bottom

Creating separate forums for left and right sides of homepage

• Kevin M. Schafer
    Participant

@km-schafer-1

WP 3.5.1 and BBP 2.2.4 http://www.gumpolen.com

I would like, if possible, to have a widget on the left of my homepage for a support forum (topics of navigating my site, registering an account, creating a site, etc.), and on the right of my homepage a widget for public forums where anyone can join in and communicate. I don’t want these two forums to be connected with each other in any way.

Do I accomplish this with Category or Forum? I’ve been trying several things, and I’m not getting the hang of it yet. Any bit of help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best,

Kevin

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Kevin M. Schafer
    Participant

@km-schafer-1

Update

I’ve placed one bbPress Forums List widget in both my left and right sidebars. On the left, I have assigned Forum ID 58 to display, and on the right, I have assigned Forum ID 56 to display. When I go to my homepage, neither of these widgets display at all. If I set either of the widgets to “any” then the widgets show and both forums are displayed in them.

Shouldn’t I be able to use Forum IDs to specify one particular forum to show in that widget? Is this a permalink issue? I know I have the right ID# because it’s what shows at the bottom of my monitor when I hover over the particular forum title in “All Forums.”

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin M. Schafer
    Participant

@km-schafer-1

Update

Okay, I figured it out. This is pretty cool.

Kevin

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

What was the solution? 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar