Categories
Search
Bottom

Create/Reply/Edit Topics Question

• dowarren
    Participant

@dowarren

Hey.

I am using bbPress 2.5.12 and I would like to use it as a Bulletin Board type functionality where Users can create topics in different forums, but cannot reply to those topics. It is kind of like a “Want Ads”/Read Only. The user can Edit/delete their own topic.

I have tried a few things but do not have a permanent solution. If I close the forum, then no new topics can be created.

Basically, I need the users to be able to create topics, but remove the “Reply To” section on all.

I am currently using a local copy of the website, so cannot share online. If this poses an issue, I could create some temp space to put it up.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

install my private groups plugin and enable topic permissions

Private groups

dowarren
    Participant

@dowarren

Is this going to conflict with some of the bbPress swnippets I have already implemented. I.e. Login/logout redirection, etc. Or will it conflict with UAM for access to forums.

Do I need to make new groups within your plugin as well or can I use the existing with the enable topics permission?

dowarren
    Participant

@dowarren

Working like a charm. Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

Is this going to conflict with some of the bbPress swnippets I have already implemented. I.e. Login/logout redirection, etc. Or will it conflict with UAM for access to forums.

no idea – you’ll need to test this 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad it’s all ok

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar