Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Create New Topic – At the top of the forum page

• Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

Hi. I would like to have a “new topic” button (or link) at the top of the forum page, rather than having the “create new topic” form at the bottom of the page. Can someone give me some guidance about how to do this? I’m assuming that I’m going to override one of the templates, but I can’t figure out which one. Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

lets you do this

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Buttons

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

Thanks Robin. This looks like a great plugin. However, at least for the time being, I’m more interested in trying to learn how things work, and how I can modify the behaviour myself. Unless anyone else has suggestions, I’ll keep digging.

Robin W

@robin-w

the templates are in

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress

start with content-archive-forum which is the main forums list, and then you’ll see how the other templates are called

w3215
    Participant

@w3215

Hi There. I am new to bbpress, but I had a similar requirement, and I believe the following works:

1) Create a page where users can create a new topic. To do this, you can use one of these shortcodes: for new topic page: [bbp-topic-form]
    for topic specific to forum id: [bbp-topic-form]

2) Put a link to this page in the menu. (so in your menu, have a “Create a New Topic” link that takes you to the new topic page).

w3215
    Participant

@w3215

Sorry–I think there was a typo earlier. The shortcodes are here:https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/

Shortcode for create new topic page: [bbp-topic-form]
    for new topic specific to an id: [bbp-topic-form forum_id=$forum_id]

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

Thanks @w3215. I had been just planning to link down to the bottom of the page where the new topic stuff is. But I think what you’re suggesting is probably a better idea.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar