Categories
Search
Bottom

Create Forum

• Jolie
    Participant

@minhgiang

Hi,

I have installed newest version of bbPress and WordPress version 4.0. I have read documentation for setting forum. According to documentation, I have to go to Dashboard –> Forum and add new one. But I cannot find any Forum there.

Thank you so much.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Jolie
    Participant

@minhgiang

I have tried both two ways, but I cannot see Forum in Dashboard. I wonder if it is needed any extra step.

Jolie
    Participant

@minhgiang

I have tried again, and it works. thank you so much. But it also points out that bbpress conflicts with one of my plugins. Is this true?

Robin W

@robin-w

probably, which plugin does it conflict with ?

Jolie
    Participant

@minhgiang

I think it is wpml. when I deactivate this plugin, Forum works. One more thing I want to ask is that what is the difference between forum types (Forum and Category). I create a new forum and I choose Forum type. then I create another new one with Category type. I don’t see the difference between appearances of these two forums.

Robin W

@robin-w

There seem tio be issues with wpml and bbpress see

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-plugins-conflict-with-bbpress/

as an example.

I’d suggest you try raising a ticket with wpml to see fi there has been a resolution since that post

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar