Categories
Search
Bottom

“Create account” link on forum pages?

• dnk3232
    Participant

@dnk3232

Hello,

On my forum pages (for users who aren’t logged in) it shows a username + password box, but there is nothing that says “create an account here if you’re a new user” in order to direct users to the registration page.

Is there a way to add this in?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you check that you have ‘anyone can register’ set in dashboard>settings>membershio

dnk3232
    Participant

@dnk3232

I just ticked that box off, but there’s still no link to the registration page. Here’s an image to show what’s going on. Right now, when people land on the forum, it asks them to login. Which is fine for those who have accounts. But for someone who doesn’t have an account, there’s no prompt to create an account or link to the registration page. Any ideas on how I could add this in?

wpturk
    Participant

@wpturk

Unfortunately, register link ist not something you can activate via settings for this part of forum.

You need to modify this file: form-user-login.php

Best way would be to create a bbpress direcrory in your child theme and copy this file there and modify.

You can also make use of the [bbp-register] shortcode.

I hope this helps.

dnk3232
    Participant

@dnk3232

Good to know! I’ll look into doing that.

webcreations907
    Participant

@webcreations907

You could use the below which should add your registration link to that form.

Add to your functions.php file in your theme.

if(!function_exists('dnk_add_registration_link')){
    	function dnk_add_registration_link(){
    		if( function_exists('is_bbpress') && is_bbpress() ){
    			echo '<p>Don\'t have an account? <a href="'.esc_attr( wp_registration_url() ).'">Register</a></p>';
    		}
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'login_form','dnk_add_registration_link' ,10 );

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar