Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cookies login issue with WPMU

• I’ve been running into cookies issues while trying to integrate bbPress into my existing WPMU site. My WPMU and bbPress installs are located in separate directories on my server (/blogs and /youngadults/forums).

bbPress is currently setup so that when users log into the forums, they are automatically logged into WPMU as well. However, for some reason this is not working the other way around – if I log into WPMU first, I am not logged into bbPress.

Does anyone know of a way to log into bbPress when going through the WPMU login?

I am using the MD5 Insecurity and Mouldy Old Cookies plugins, along with this snippet of code in the bb-config.php file:

$bb->usercookie = ‘wordpressuser’;

$bb->passcookie = ‘wordpresspass’;

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • bump

I was having the exact same problem, but with normal WP (not WPMU).

My problem was that I instaled wp and bbPress both in subfolders, like:

http://www.mysite.com/wordpress

http://www.mysite.com/bbpress

The problem was on cookies, since bbPress was creating them on root and wordpress both on root and on ./wordpress – but it seems that the ‘good cookie’ was the one on ./wordpress.

The ideal solution would be to set WP to use cookies only on root, but I wasn’t able to do it in a simple way. So I configured bbPress to set cookies on ./wordpress.

This was done by simply adding a line to bb-config.php:

$bb->cookiepath = ‘./wordpress’;

Now it seems that all is working fine.

Hope it helps you too ;)

Just found out:

My problem was even simpler:

I instaled MD5 Insecurity and Mouldy Old Cookies on folder bb-plugins when I should had install it on folder my-plugins.

I change them to the new folder, delete again the line

$bb->cookiepath = ‘./wordpress’;

on bb-config.php

And it is still working.

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to fix the problem by installing a plugin that allowed me to change where WPMU sets cookies. Everything is working correctly now!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar