Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cookies Bug with 1.0-RC-3 and 2.8 Integration?

• I think I found a bug with the third RC of bbPress 1.0 and WordPress 2.8, I checked around the forums and in Trac and didn’t see this specific issue mentioned elsewhere.

I have WordPress installed in a subdirectory, with bbPress installed below that.

WordPress: http://www.mydomain.com/beta/

bbPress: http://www.mydomain.com/beta/forums

So aside from having WordPress installed in a subdirectory for testing purposes, there is nothing out of the ordinary about my install. I don’t have WordPress set up to run in the root from the subdirectory or anything, it’s totally standard.

The issue is that when I am logged in through WordPress, I am unable to access the backend of WordPress. Any attempt to access the Dashboard or any other page on the admin area is redirected to the login page of WordPress, even though I am already logged in.

I am able to access the admin area of bbPress, but I am unable to logout from either WordPress or bbPress.

When I login through bbPress, I am able to access the backend of both WordPress and bbPress. I am able to logout from bbPress, but not WordPress.

I have followed along with Sam’s basic integration screencast a few times now, I believe I am installing everything correctly, and the results are consistent.

I have a live install of WordPress running in the root of this particular domain, so I am unable to do a test install in the root, but I have a feeling that it would run fine there and that this issue is the result of installing from a subdirectory.

The only difference that I can see between the screencast and what I am seeing on my end is the manual cookie settings code that bbPress asks you to add to wp-config.php at the end. In the screencast, bbPress lists this code:

define('COOKIEPATH', '/');

But in my install, bbPress lists this code:

define('COOKIEHASH', 'e49cd3ef5873cd2d82bbc6a99b41ebfa');

define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.mydomain.com');

define('SITECOOKIEPATH', '/beta/wp-admin');

define('COOKIEPATH', '/beta/');

When I delete those three extra line from my wp-config.php file, leaving only the fourth line, the issue is resolved and I am able to login in and out from either WordPress or bbPress, and access both admin areas.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? Am I skipping a step, or is one of the paths that bbPress giving incorrect?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar