Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cookie set up for backwards integration

• wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

I’ve decided that I’m happy with the way my forum and blog are set up. Users can use the same username and password for both my forum and blog. But, they can not log into one and automatically be logged into the other (cookie issues).

The main problem is the way I integrated my bbpress and wordpress. I already had bbpress installed, then later I installed wordpress. I then integrated the two and they share the same database. I hear from many that this is NOT the recommended way to integrate and that you shouldn’t use the same database, but, the bottom line is, everything works fine, but users can’t log in at one and then automatically be logged in at the other, they just have to log in twice if they are using both my blog and forum.

Can anyone provide instructions/tips on how to set up the cookies for bbpress and wordpress if they were integrated backwards and are sharing one database?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Using the same database is fine and actually the easiest way. You must be using the same user table.

Follow the Integration 101 steps to make your cookies match.

Make sure you are not using wordpress 2.6 which is incompatible with the cookies from bbPress 0.9

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

I am using the same database and user table. I was using wordpress 2.6 so that explains why it didn’t work. But, since then I have switched to wordpress 2.7. Are the cookies from wordpress 2.7 compatible with bbpress 0.9? I’ll look over the Intergration 101 again to see if I’m missing something.

I don’t know if this will help but, if I log into my forum, and then go to my blog’s login page it will say in red “Please login again.” So, wordpress knows that I was logged in, but there must still be something wrong with my cookies that it is not keeping me logged in.

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Good news! I am integrated 100% for the first time in over a year!! Woo!

The only thing I need to do later is I am going to redirect any logging in or logging out through bbpress. Because I can’t log out from wordpress now, but if I log out through bbpress, then it logs me out of bbpress and wordpress correctly. So this is really not a big deal, I will just change any log in/log out links in wordpress to the bbpress log in/log out links.

The way I was able to get my reverse integration to work was by following the normal reverse integration instructions, then I chose to install Ann’s plugin which downgrades the 2.7 wordpress cookie set up to the 2.5 cookie set up.

:)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar