Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Convert Woltlab Burning Board to bbPress

• Thomaschaaf

@thomaschaaf

We’ve got a forum at http://vsphp.de/forum which doesn’t have alot of entries but does have quiet a few. I’d like to find out, whether there is a way to port the entries from an existing Woltlab Burning Board to bbPress. I’d be glad if you could help :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Michael
    Participant

@michael888

Firstly, I don’t know of any converter out ther for it – so the chances of getting it done may be very slim.

Secondly, it seems that package has multiple forums in a single board package, which is completely different to bbPress.

Do you not like the current software you have?

Thomaschaaf

@thomaschaaf

The main reason I consider switching ist that I would like to use WordPress in the future for our website and would love a close integration of both.. that is the only real reason.

Thomas

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

I see – I’m assuming you’d have to move everything manually using PHPMyAdmin – though you would need to know the format of the bbPress MySQL Database.

Is it a big issue to restart with a blank, fresh forum?

Markus Pezold
    Participant

@markus-pezold

Hi Thomas,

if you have some deeper knowledge in php, mysql and regular expression – you can use the phpbb3 converter and make some change to the code. The code of the phpbb3 converter is understandable – you only must change the tables and row to match the database structure of the Woltlab Burning Board. Its only the question of understanding …

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/phpbb3-gt-bbpress-converter-beta-release

Greetz

Markus

Thomaschaaf

@thomaschaaf

Thanks a lot! I will look into it and if I do write a converter I will post it here :)

Thomas

Milan Dinić
    Participant

@dimadin

Another thing to consider is to find converter that converts from Wotlab to some other software like phpBB and then use existing converters for bbPress. This is how I converted on SMF forum.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar