Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Convert 1.0.3 Standalone to 2.0.2 Plugin

• Jermaine Maree
    Participant

@jermainemaree

Attempting to convert from 1.0.3 standalone to 2.0.2 plugin but having an issue due to current integration. My current bbPress install is integrated with WordPress. The built-in bbPress conversion tool and the plugin that was created will not handle a standalone install with WP integration since the users table resides in the WordPress database.

Is there a way I can remove the integration and migrate my users to bbPress or other alternatives that you can suggest? Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I am also very much concerned about this. I run a WordPress site with almost 1000 users that is integrated with standalone bbPress 1.0.2 forum and everything is working just fine, so if anything went wrong with the migration to bbPress 2.x it would be a disaster. Is there a guaranteed safe way to do this? Or, if something goes wrong, how to undo the changes?

I am also trying to converted an integrated standalone to the plugin. For some reason, some but not all of our posts carried over to the plugin. I’m not sure about the users, but I think if your bbpress standalone and WP were all integrated before, the users should already be in your WP database, right? I’m just having problems with getting the posts and topics over. I’ve tired the bbpress converter plugin, and tried deleting the plugin and starting over, but nothing seems to help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar