Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

content-single-forum.php not being called in custom template (or at all!)

• siobhan61
    Participant

@siobhan61

Hello,

I’m using bbpress 2.5.3 with a WordPress twenty-twelve child theme. I’m also using bbpress WP tweaks (1.3.1). I’m trying to incorporate the bbpress forums into our theme, and it works fine on the first level with a custom sidebar (I haven’t really styled anything yet — trying to get the basic functionality first):
    http://innovativeapprenticeship.org/community/

but at the forum level I’m not getting the right content — no breadcrumb trail; no topic list:
    http://innovativeapprenticeship.org/community/forum/test-1/

I put a few echo (‘here’) statements into single-forum.php template I adapted for the child theme and can see that it’s being called. But content-single-forum.php, which is called from single-forum.php if there is content, and which would have the breadcrumb trail and the topic list among other things, is not being called. I tried some echo statements in there and nada. It’s not being called from my child theme or from the bbpress template folder.

Actually, I can see that bbpress has created another navigation level, forum, that doesn’t really exist. Forum is really the first level (our “Community” page). Does this have something to do with the problem?

Has anyone encountered something like this, and do you have any idea why this is happening?

cheers, Cheryl

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Agreed seems weird, could be an issue with your rewrite rules. To fix this try resetting your permalinks. In your WordPress Administration Screens navigate to Settings > Permalinks, select a different permalink structure and save. Then select your preferred permalink structure and save again.

siobhan61
    Participant

@siobhan61

Thanks Stephen,

Yes, it is weird! The permalink remedy didn’t work but thanks for responding. I think what I’ll do is make note of any code changes I’ve made and then uninstall and reinstall both bbpress and tweaks. There may be some conflict in there that I can’t see — I started this project a few months ago and went away from it for awhile.

cheers, Cheryl

siobhan61
    Participant

@siobhan61

Ok, I think maybe Tweaks was the problem. I had set up my own sidebar which wasn’t working properly (it was showing up on all my pages, not just the forum pages) and then I installed tweaks as well. After reinstalling bbpress without Tweaks I’ve got the sidebar I originally set up (now working, go figure) with proper breadcrumb trail and the topic list on the forum page. There is a lot of styling and tweaking to do but that should be straightforward.

cheers, Cheryl

Cool, glad your sorted, or on your way to being sorted 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar